Monday, April 9, 2007

Trip #2 (continued): Berlin, German

Thursday was another early day. We got up and spent some time in the pedestrian area of Munich. There is a great market that has the most beautiful fruit and flowers I have ever seen- it's like art with fruit and veggies. Erin and I picked up pieces of our lunch as we walked through, cheese, bread, apples and a bottle of wine to eat them on the train. I would love to shop there every day. Then we went up in the tower of the town hall to see all of the city-it’s huge. And we had to see the Glockenspiel before leaving town; it is so much better then the clock that is here in Prague.

One of the things I wasn’t able to do the last time I was in Germany was take an ICE train, it’s more aerodynamic and goes faster then other trains. It’s so cool. The second class seats are like 1st class airplane seats. Ohh I miss it- the trains in the Czech Republic are nowhere near as nice.


When Erin and I got to our hotel in Berlin, Mom and Dad were supposed to be there waiting for us… but they weren’t. I told the gentlemen behind the desk that my dad should have already checked in… and he said no he did not, he sent me this email saying that the plane was delayed and that my parents would be 2 hours late. So instead of them waiting for Erin and I to come in we waited for them. When they got to the hotel, we all went out for dinner and everything worked out ok.

Friday the four of us saw everything we could of Berlin. Erin flew home from Berlin on Saturday so we had to see what we could. There is a public bus that goes pass the main tourist attractions, which is really nice. There is some really nice architecture in Berlin. I got to see some great examples of modern architecture from the 1920’s and from today.




Sunday Mom, Dad and I headed back to Prague. We originally planned on staying a night in Dresden, half way between Prague and Berlin, but I had a studio mid-crit review that I had to prepare for. So we only stopped for a few hours, but were able to see most of the city. There is a great deal of construction in the city, because they are still reconstruction from WWII.

No comments: