Wednesday, February 21, 2007

all moved in

I didn’t have the internet until yesterday, but this is what I would have posted Sunday…

I have been in Prague for 3 days now. I am trying to get used to the time change, but it will take a few more days. Tomorrow we start orientation week and it is the first day that I have to get up on time.

Carrie, Heater and I arrive Friday morning and our Czech buddy helped us get from the airport to the dorm. We met in Cincinnati and we were close to missing the flight to New York, luckily the plane was also late and there was no problem. And then there was a 4 hour layover in JFK, but it wasn’t too bad, we ate dinner, or lunch depending on how you look at it and then figured out how to get to the right terminal. The 8 hour flight was long and uncomfortable, but I got a little sleep.

Yesterday our buddies took us on a walk to Prague castle and cathedral and then to the old town square. It was really nice to see the city center as they call it. The Charles Bridge was very busy, and there were cute shops. And the buildings are painted with beautiful colors.

Today the girls and I went to Tesco, it like a 5 story Wal-Mart, to get some things we need for our rooms. It was easy to get there on the metro. And we didn’t buy much so we could carry it back to the dorms.

2 comments:

Bruce Hagy said...

Hi honey from MOM, it was great to hear from you.

The blog is nice way to communicate with everyone.

Love ya!

Unknown said...

Em!!! So excited! I'm happy to hear things are already going well. I've been reseaching Germany a little bit more lately. Your Dad sends me lots of little pieces of info, very helpful!
I'll e-mail you soon, I talked to my German teacher. She has a couple more places in and around Munich that she says we can't miss.
Talk to you soon!
Ah, can't wait to visit, so much gossip to catch you up on. :)
Erin