Friday, May 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Box

I finally got my birthday box on Thursday!! Mom mailed it 10 days before my birthday, but because the post office in the Czech Republic is RIDICLOUS and there are random holidays in May, I got it 3 weeks later (I probably could have gotten it a few days ago but I was in Greece).

Anyway, thank you all for my cards!! It was a lot of fun opening them all up at the same time, even if my roommate was sleeping, because I just couldn’t wait any longer. And mom made me cookies and banana bread. The bread is one very disgusting loaf of mold now, but the cookies are still good, and almost gone. Yesterday I decided to hang all of my cards up on the wall so I can see them all of the time.
For my birthday a bunch of friends and I went out for a sushi dinner. It was really good. Half of the group had not eaten sushi before and the other half were advanced sushi eaters, I fell somewhere in the middle. I also got myself a flowering plant. Mom and Dad always get me flowers for my birthday, but I was not going to be around during the life of the flowers so I decided to get a pretty plant instead. It has even lived through my trip to Greece. I may have to find it a good home before I leave for St. Louis, if I don’t kill it before then.

No comments: